Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Breast Cancer Awareness - Skittles

Hey dolls! Today I have for you the BCA mani that I wore to my local Making Strides walk. This look was inspired by Marta of ChitChat Nails. She always does the cutest skittles looks (where each nail is different) and I wanted to give it a try. I pulled out Barielle Eli's Magic, Barielle Cotton Candy, Zoya Kimber, and OPI Excuse Moi. I received Excuse Moi as a surprise gift from my polish friend Lola over at Burb Beauty (thanks doll). Two coats of Excuse Moi was used over one coat of Eli's Magic while two coats were used of the remaining polishes.

As Marta inspired this look, I had to take a few pictures with some BCA jewelry!

I loved the way this turned out! I finally got a chance to do the "saran wrap" marbled look. I started with a base of Cotton Candy, added stripes of Kimber and Eli's Magic, then dabbed with the saran wrap. I'm ready to try this look with other colors!

Here are a few pictures from the BCA walk. I have more, but they are with my high school mentoring group and I don't want to put them on the net all willy nilly. :)
Happy hump day dolls!

2 comments:

karinea0a said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

omg I love the bra and what a great way to raise awareness on breast cancer! I think we should not limit ourselves to do pink nails only in oct but troughout the year

KayJay at Refined & Polished said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks so much Karina! I totally agree...this topic deserves support year round.

Post a Comment

*Please wait for the Disqus comment box to load.* I love to hear your feedback! Please leave your comments below. They are greatly appreciated!